httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@netcraft.co.uk>
Subject Re: Redirect in .htaccess files?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 1995 16:35:21 GMT

> > Redirect in .htaccess files is one fairly slick convenience feature
> > which NCSA 1.5 has, which could be added to Apache 0.8.x with very
> > little trouble.  Given that the redirect code isn't terribly
> > ticklish, and that it's very easy to test, it's tempting to break
> > the freeze for it... thoughts?
> >
> > rst
>
> Seems like a nice enough idea.  Don't we have several ways to do this
> already though?  I hear the patter of tiny creeping features.  Oh what
> the heck, configuring Apache couldn't possibly be more difficult than
> it already is, go for it ;)

Isn't this what I've been nagging you for Andy? I'd definately like
to see this feature.

I don't think code freezes should be lifted though, that way lies
madness. Get the next release out then start working on new features.

There'll never be a release otherwise, people always think up one last
thing to add.

--
  Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems. FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.freebsd.org/~paul