httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: netscape
Date Sat, 22 Jul 1995 13:59:15 GMT

> /*
>  * "netscape" by Rob Hartill <hartill@ooo.lanl.gov>
>  *    written Fri, 21 Jul 95 16:44:57 MDT
>  *
>  * After months of using Netscape, I just noticed that if you visit a
>  * site running Netsite, the word "Location:" changes to "Netsite:".
>  *
>  * Now wouldn't it be nice if it could do that for all servers.
>  */
>
> Actually, a bunch of us in server engineering and marketing wanted
> them to put a new field in the document info box which said what
> server software was used to serve the software. But it didn't happen.

I remember aksing for a popup window to show the HTTP headers
received from the server... that didn't happen either. That would
cover the server name as well as making lots of valuable information
available for debugging servers and CGI.. information which is
otherwise difficult and sometimes impossible to see.

rob