httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: Redirect problem
Date Wed, 12 Jul 1995 11:45:12 GMT

> Well, if we decide we want the config order to determine priority then
        **
> parsing does have a bearing on this.

I've no problem with the *if*, I thought we were talking about
how to get Shambhala to behave like 0.6.5

> There's still a case for doing the aliases first so that if you redirect
> a page, any aliases you have pointed to it will get redirected too.

Alias maps URLs to filenames.
Redirect works on URLs

at least that's the way they do now.

> This is one of those areas where compatibilty is a problem since
> I think there's good reason to sit down and decide what the correct
> way to do this is but that wil almost certainly break some
> configurations, just like it broke Cardiff's.

It'd mean splitting config processing into old/new styles. As with
my attempt to get AddType "."s handled sensibly, "the correct way"
appears to be chissled into stone as "whatever 0.6.5 does now".

rob
--
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/