httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: is 5.2 okay ?
Date Sat, 08 Jul 1995 09:04:47 GMT

>    From: Rob Hartill <hartill@ooo.lanl.gov>
>    Date: Fri, 7 Jul 95 17:57:52 MDT
>
>    oops that was meant for Rob.
>
>    the error log shows SIGSEGVs, but the gdb debugger refuses to
>    give any clue as to where the problem was.
>
> If you have a chance to look at this again, running the server under
> gdb with the -X option might make the debugger a bit more helpful.
> (Also, recompiling with -g would help a great deal).

I had CFLAGS = -g  (it just doesn't show in the final linking stage)
I threw another in when defining CC to make sure - same results. Also
tried gcc instead of HPs c89 compiler - no help.

gdb -X     ->

gdb: unrecognized option `-X'
Use `gdb --help' for a complete list of options.

=-=-==

(gdb) where
#0  0x800aa340 in _end ()
#1  0x800aa310 in _end ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x7b00e368.

I'm out of here for the rest of the weekend... in search of some
moutain bike trails in Colorado. There's a place called "Apache"
somewhere on the way - I'll see if I can snap a good sign.

rob
--
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/