httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Skolnick <cli...@organic.com>
Subject Re: shambhala bug (v0.5.2)
Date Fri, 07 Jul 1995 18:53:11 GMT

So far things seem to be quite excellent.  I think Brian and I have
replace all Apache servers we had with Shambhala now, and all is well.
Performance is very good, no problems so far.  One annoying thing is
I run the server at home, I get about 200 hits/day there, and I
want the forking behavior back for that :)  If I use a small number of
processes (2 or 3), my slow link kills netscape since it tries to make multiple
connections.  So I end up having all these servers hanging out idle most of
the time.

The "fork a process if no child was available" and running zero children
would be a nice option :)  [In other words, give me the old behavior
back by option]

On another note, are we going to revive the patch database?