httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: mod_imap.c
Date Tue, 04 Jul 1995 16:49:57 GMT
>    Date: Mon, 3 Jul 1995 16:33:31 -0700 (PDT)
>    From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>
>
>    If you're saying that you have a bunch of directories with a bunch of
>    common subdirectories that you want one map file to serve, then yes, I
>    suppose you'd have to look at Referrer to get the context, since the
>    Location: header returned has to be a full URI, not a relative one.  That
>    seems rather specific - it could also be accomplished by having
>    soft links to the imap file between directories.  *shrug*.

The sym-link solution is one I admitedly did not consider. I do think
that the solution I came up with is cleaner since it prevents me from
having to maintain a web of symlinks.  I may even see a way to fix the
problem that RST pointed out with a user storing an invalid URL due
to Location: munging.  I'll see if I can make that work. One note
about my solution is that I am *only* using the Referer: IF the URL
listed in the mapfile doesn't have 'http:' in it's URL. I suppose
that the proposal listed below could make this a bit safer.

The details of my application are that within the city information
pages I am developing (http://www.inetnebr.com/), I am making heavy
use of directories and Multiviews to accomplish some navigation and
search features.  Each directory has a "search_index" file that is
generated by GlimpseHTML.

I #include a bottom menu image that has a couple of relative URLs
to provide a path to the directory above, and to access the search
tool in that directory.  It could be a real mess to symlink or copy
the map file to every directory.