httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob McCool <r...@netscape.com>
Subject Re: Shambhala Modules Musings
Date Sun, 02 Jul 1995 23:53:35 GMT
/*
 * "Shambhala Modules Musings" by Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
 *    written Sun, 02 Jul 1995 17:59:43 -0500
 *
 * You could create a separate module for each of your CGI
 * applications.  Based on the AddType, you would call that particular
 * module.  You could even have a "standalone" CGI server listening on
 * another port for handler requests from the main HTTP server.  No
 * more startup delays for the various CGI programs.

This is exactly what we did for Netsite's integrated imagemap. If
using magic MIME types makes you ill, in Netsite you can also assign
different functions to handle various URLs and patterns of URLs.

 * We're going to have to write a perl bootstrapper to load in modules. :-)
 */

Also, think about foo.java

--Rob