httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Shambhala Modules Musings
Date Sun, 02 Jul 1995 22:59:43 GMT
After looking at this a bit closer this afternoon, I am beginning to
see some pretty incredible abuses of this module model.

I had kicked the following idea around with some members of this
group awhile back, but now see a more obvious path to the dream.

Consider a CGI server...

You could create a separate module for each of your CGI applications.
Based on the AddType, you would call that particular module.  You could
even have a "standalone" CGI server listening on another port for
handler requests from the main HTTP server.  No more startup delays
for the various CGI programs.  We're going to have to write a perl
bootstrapper to load in modules. :-)