httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David J. Hughes" <ba...@Bond.edu.au>
Subject Re: New Member - David Hughes
Date Fri, 09 Jun 1995 05:34:38 GMT

On Thu, 8 Jun 1995, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> David - can Australia legally export cryptography?  I though I remember
> Paul Richards saying that South Africa was the only country that could do
> this reasonably, and thus the FreeBSD's crypto is exported from a .za
> host.

I just had a chat to the authors of the free SSL code and they are not
aware of any export problems (but admit to having no firm legal opinion
on this).  If they get dragged away by guys in dark glasses I'll mail to
the list.

Their understanding, based on the availability of crypto code, was that
places such as Australia, Germany and a few other places in Europe were
OK.  I don't dabble in this stuff, other than using the library (I'm
working on a secure version of mSQL), so I can't make any enlightened
comment - sorry.

> That would be great - basically if you sucked down everything under
> ftp://hyperreal.com/apache/ you'd have everything.  Let me know when it's
> set up and I'll point to it.

There's a mirror running now.  It's going into ftp://Bond.edu.au/pub/apache

   __                                  David J. Hughes  -  Bambi@Bond.edu.au
  /  \               /  /   /             http://Bond.edu.au/People/bambi
/   \ /  \ / \ /   /  /   / / \  /   Senior Network Programmer, Bond University
\___/ \__//  / \__/   \__/ /  / /    Qld.   4229   AUSTRALIA    (+61 75 951450)