httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: Line 751 in http_mime_db.c
Date Wed, 21 Jun 1995 23:46:02 GMT

Context - Rob and I just tracked down the last fd leak, meaning the
problems we were having (at least on BSDI) with too many open fd's is fixed.
Other issues remain until 0.7.x is to be made public:

On Wed, 21 Jun 1995, Rob Hartill wrote:
> > Yup!  That did it.  yay!  I'll go install this on www.links.net now, to
> > do some serious load testing.... I'd say this is finally ready for public
> > consumption.
>
> Almost.   inetd operation has so far been ignored. I think it
> can be handled by the standalone code, by changing the
> MaxRequestsPerChild to 1, and have the parent exit on a SIGCHLD.. or
> maybe straight after it spawns the child.
>
> If so, all the "if standalone" checks and extra routines in httpd.c
> for inetd can be dropped into the bit-bucket where they belong.

Sounds good to me.

> I'd also like to see a system to handle .html -> .shtml mapping
> to bring an end to XBITHACK.

Okay - is the mechanism we discussed (if file.html isn't found, file is
looked for, and if multiviews is turned on then file.shtml will be
returned) workable/acceptible?

> There were some earlier problem reports with Linux and Solaris. Do the
> problems still exist ?

Dunno - when 0.7.3g is uploaded, maybe other people can download and try
it out...

> I'm sure there are also some fixes and patches in the bugs mailbox
> that need to be dealt with. I haven't had time to check them for
> a couple of days.

Okay.  I can't think of any other feature enhancements we should do
before a public release of 0.7 other than the ones discussed above.

	Brian