httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: New Member - David Hughes
Date Fri, 09 Jun 1995 03:17:48 GMT

> A couple of other things.  A couple of friends of mine have implemented
> SSL and have provided patches for ncsa httpd, telnet and ftp.  They are
> currently working on an RSA (or MCC) signed key and then it'll work in
> secure mode with netscape browsers.  I've talked to them about apache and
> they like the idea.  Their SSL implementation is available on Bond.edu.au
> in /pub/Crypto (it's pretty early but is looking good - telnet and ftp are
> done and working well).  If you guys want to talk to them you can get
> them as eay@mincom.oz.au and tjh@mincom.oz.au

David - can Australia legally export cryptography?  I though I remember
Paul Richards saying that South Africa was the only country that could do
this reasonably, and thus the FreeBSD's crypto is exported from a .za
host.

> If you are looking for an Australian mirror site to ease the load (and
> reduce the load on our international link) let me know.  I'd be happy to
> add it to our archive.

That would be great - basically if you sucked down everything under
ftp://hyperreal.com/apache/ you'd have everything.  Let me know when it's
set up and I'll point to it.