httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: please subscribe me
Date Thu, 08 Jun 1995 04:05:16 GMT
On Wed, 7 Jun 1995, Roy Hooper wrote, quoting Andrew Wilson:
> |Hi Roy,
> |
> |        so send a 'please subscribe me' message to
> |
> |        new-httpd@hyperreal.com

Andrew!

Er, um, the correct address is "majordomo@mail.apache.org" with the words
"subscribe new-httpd".

> My apologies for the odd quoting format, i pasted from MOO to email.

It's okay, we all figured Ay would be a MOOnie anyways :)

> (Andrew Wilson) Networker thinks I belong on the list - NT port and an issue
> regarding HTTP/1.0 spec.

An NT port would be interesting, but it might be a lot of work which
could more effectively be put towards grafting code from Apache into one
of the other PD NT servers (there are PD servers for NT, right?)  Two
reasons - Apache's core is in the process of being fairly drastically
altered to accomodate a non-forking behavior, and secondly I hear that
NT's networking and threads model is different enough that "porting"
might not be much different from "rewriting" anyways...

But I don't have any NT experience personally so caveats everywhere.

	Brian