httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: nph woes
Date Fri, 02 Jun 1995 09:43:17 GMT
   From: Rob Hartill <hartill@ooo.lanl.gov>
   Date: Thu, 1 Jun 95 11:03:09 MDT

   Err, nope.

   Can you give me a better idea of where and what needs to be added/changed.
   thanks.

Well, instead of just waiting for the nph- script, you could hold the
client socket open, and do a

  select (n, NULL, NULL, client_mask, timeout);

where n is set at least as high as the client file descriptor, and
client_mask is an FD_SET with just that bit set.  This should return
either when the timeout expires, or when there is an "exceptional
condition" on the socket to the client --- I'm assuming that aborts on
the client side fall into this category.

rst