httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Shambhala
Date Fri, 30 Jun 1995 20:20:33 GMT

> so what's the situation regarding Shambhala and Apache, are those of
> you who have switched to it giving up on Apache and this project ?
> If so, do you need a separate list to discuss Shambhala ?
>
> Rob Thau, do you plan to release and support Shambhala by yourself ?,
> it looks like that's the plan, if so I wish you luck. If not, how
> is this going to relate to the Apache project ?

Whoa!  I cant' speak for Rob Thau on this, but since he
seems to be out of Email range today, I'll add these comments...

If you've taken a look at the Shambhala code, you'll notice that
RST has been releasing it to the group from day 1 with the Apache
copyright included. I don't think that he has ever condidered
*not* offering it back to the group for further development. I
think that the take on the Shambhala rewrite should be just that,
a badly needed rewrite that was probably best accomplished by one
person. Rob has done a very nice job of this, and the effort
could really spur this project forward if accepted in that light.

Rob Hartill has also done a great job of biting the bullet and
pulling 0.7 into a publically consumable form. I know that the
Shambhala changes could benefit from what has been learned over
the past month in 0.7 as well.

-Randy