httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Re: leaking fd's
Date Tue, 20 Jun 1995 11:33:22 GMT
> The "403" problem definitely seems to be "too many open files" in the file
> system, according to ktrace.  Apparently there is an fd leak happening
> somewhere...  and killing the children doesn't seem to free them, only
> killing the parent.  "fstat | wc -l" linearly increases with time...  RobH,
> when you added that extra file descriptor to the CGI environment (so the
> script can write directly to the client)... could that be adding to the
> problem?  Where would I find that to try commenting it out?

Open a URL which does a printenv, you should see

For each request, "x" should be the lowest free FD. On 0.7.3 here, it stays
at a constant 12, even after timeout/lost connections.

If you want to comment it out, it's in httpd_script.c  look for
CLIENT_FD then comment out the entire if{} block around it.

View raw message