httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject update
Date Thu, 15 Jun 1995 23:15:01 GMT

I just spent about 6 hours replacing lots of character arrays
in 0.7.2j with malloc'ed ptrs.

My hope was to reduce the memory requirements (the Cardiff server only
has 32mb, and 60 children kinda soak up all the RAM) of Apache.

On my HP, with   -DHUGE_STRING_LENGTH=260, the children now start out at
404K instead of 548K .. a saving of 144K  !!!  I dread to think how
much RAM is wasted with the CERT size strings of 8k.

There's still a lot of char arrays still to be zapped, and I've probably
introduced a few bugs, so I'll work on it some more tomorrow before
offering it.

--
Rob Hartill
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/