httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: dead children left and right
Date Mon, 12 Jun 1995 16:43:43 GMT

I've been busy with other things today. more on that in a subsequent
mail.

> Doesn't fix it, but commenting it out does :-)
> Why is default_host.document_root being freed anyway?

so that if it is being set in a previous life, we don't waste
the space it points at. If the ptr has a non-NULL value, it
suggests that it is pointing at something... but what ?

> Now that I have a functioning version of 0.7.2, I can start making
> changes based on some that I have done locally.  What is the procedure
> for submitting/applying patches?

the procedure we used for 0.6.x was that you'd upload documented
patches to http://www.apache.org/httpd/patches/for_apache_x.x.x/
(via ftp... you might want to talk to Brian about getting an
account there if you plan to upload lots of patches, otherwise
put them in /incoming and announce that to the list)

Use http://hyperreal.com/httpd/newpatch/  (submit) to get a
unique ID for the patch.

name the patch file something like   B123_head_fix.txt

where B123 is the ID , and the "head_fix" is a reminder of what the
patch contains.

Create a patch with diff -C3 file.orig file

--
Rob Hartill
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/