httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Long <bl...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: non-forking wish list
Date Sat, 10 Jun 1995 18:15:47 GMT
Last time, Rob Hartill uttered the following other thing:

> Brian dreamed..
> > It would be very very helpful for administrators if 0.7.x could put some
> > information in argv, so we could see the state of individual children
> > using "ps".
>
> HPsUX doesn't update the process names with 0.7.x   :-(

Take a look at the 1.4.1 code.  Someone provided a patch especially for
HPUX which works perfectly for changing the running process name.
inststr() in util.c, I believe.

Brandon

--
 Brandon Long   (N9WUC)     "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 Computer Engineering   	Run Linux '95.	It's that Easy.