httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Long <bl...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Children Dying-- 0.7.2c Linux
Date Sat, 10 Jun 1995 18:13:14 GMT
Last time, Matthew Gray uttered the following other thing:

> > > Running 0.7.2c under Linux 1.2.6 seems to having children dying off for
> > > no reason.  This seems to be occurring inside of the accept.  What are
> > > other people using for mutex_lock_on and off?  This only seems to occur
> > > when there are multiple simultaneous connections.
> >
> > Hmm. Do you have multiple processors ?
>
> It certainly could be linux not handling multiple simultaneous accepts on
> the same socket well.  The behavrior I'm observing looks just like what
> Ryan Watkins is seeing under Solaris.  I'll try the sa_client to
> sockaddr_in change that Rob suggested.

When I was talking with Linus and Alan Cox about file descriptor passing,
I asked if it would handle the multiple accept, and the answer was yes,
its even part of there test code for the networking code, so I don't
believe that is it.

Brandon

--
 Brandon Long   (N9WUC)     "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 Computer Engineering   	Run Linux '95.	It's that Easy.