httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject New Member - David Hughes
Date Fri, 09 Jun 1995 02:26:04 GMT

The following is the response I received from David Hughes in
answer to his offer of help to the Apache group.  If no one
else is opposed, I will send him a "how to subscribe" message.
David is the author of the mSQL database package.

------- Forwarded Message

From: "David J. Hughes" <bambi@Bond.edu.au>
To: Randy Terbush <randy@dsndata.com>
Subject: Re: Msql and Apache

On Thu, 8 Jun 1995, Randy Terbush wrote:

Hi Randy.

> Thought I would drop you a response to your offer of help to the
> Apache server group.  I don't speak for the entire group, but
> IMO your involvment would be welcome.

Great.  I'm very happy to help out.

> I have been lurking on the mSQL list for some time now.  I am
> currently working on hooking Apache to Postgres95. The only
> reason I chose Postgres was because of its variable length
> text fields.  mSQL is a very clean piece of code and I understand
> that you are considering this enhancement.

Yup.  I'm looking into it for the next major release.

> You might want to take a look at http://www.apache.org/.  There
> have been many such enhancements added to this server since taking
> the base NCSA code.

OK, not a problem.

A couple of other things.  A couple of friends of mine have implemented
SSL and have provided patches for ncsa httpd, telnet and ftp.  They are
currently working on an RSA (or MCC) signed key and then it'll work in
secure mode with netscape browsers.  I've talked to them about apache and
they like the idea.  Their SSL implementation is available on Bond.edu.au
in /pub/Crypto (it's pretty early but is looking good - telnet and ftp are
done and working well).  If you guys want to talk to them you can get
them as eay@mincom.oz.au and tjh@mincom.oz.au

If you are looking for an Australian mirror site to ease the load (and
reduce the load on our international link) let me know.  I'd be happy to
add it to our archive.

> Thanks again for your offer. I look forward to exchanging ideas
> on how to integrate SQL and HTTP.

Not a problem.  I look forward to it.

Bambi

------- End of Forwarded Message