httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: More on logging
Date Thu, 08 Jun 1995 20:57:48 GMT

> > > doesn't that need shared memory ?
> >
> > I suppose it does. As I mentioned in earlier mail, some of thes
> > features probably can't be available to *all* UNIX variants.
> > I admit that logging is an important one, but we can always
> > leave the standard CLF in place for those.
> >
> > Are there other ways besides SHMEM to accomplish this?
>
> Yup, all children drop the info down a socket to the logging process :-)

Well, this is the part of the design of this that we seem to be
most stuck on.

Can this socket you suggest exist between every child to the
existing parent?  I dislike the idea of having yet another
rather sophisticated program that each child is talking to.

IF we setup a socket between the child and parent for logging
transactions, does it need to be bidirectional?