httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Long <bl...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: problem with DBM authorization (fwd)
Date Fri, 02 Jun 1995 17:59:13 GMT
Last time, Brandon Long uttered the following other thing:

> Last time, Rob Hartill uttered the following other thing:
> >
> > > I haven't tried changing this yet but a cursory inspection of the
> > > get_dbm_pw() function makes it seem likely that omitting the call
> > > to str_to_lower() would be the thing to do.
>
> I was kinda curious at seeing this as well.  The Basic auth doesn't
> require it to be lower case.
>
> You might also look into changing the way in which you use the DBM
> files.  Since we're adding several other security authorization types,
> we are making DBM files as just a separate file type for storing data,
> not a separate authentication type.

Responding to myself:
Does dbm clean up after itself?  You allocate 2 MAX strings in get_dbm_pw
without ever free'ing them.

Its been learn dbm week (er,day).
Brandon

--
 Brandon Long   (N9WUC)     "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 Computer Engineering   	Run Linux '95.	It's that Easy.