httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Long <bl...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: problem with DBM authorization (fwd)
Date Fri, 02 Jun 1995 17:54:33 GMT
Last time, Rob Hartill uttered the following other thing:

> > I haven't tried changing this yet but a cursory inspection of the
> > get_dbm_pw() function makes it seem likely that omitting the call
> > to str_to_lower() would be the thing to do.

I was kinda curious at seeing this as well.  The Basic auth doesn't
require it to be lower case.

You might also look into changing the way in which you use the DBM
files.  Since we're adding several other security authorization types,
we are making DBM files as just a separate file type for storing data,
not a separate authentication type.

Brandon

--
 Brandon Long   (N9WUC)     "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 Computer Engineering   	Run Linux '95.	It's that Easy.