httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Peatfield <J.S.Peatfi...@damtp.cam.ac.uk>
Subject [No Subject]
Date Fri, 12 May 1995 14:34:30 GMT

I was just forwarded this message.

> Date: Fri, 12 May 95 10:37 BST
> From: drtr@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
> To: jp107@damtp.cam.ac.uk
> Cc: drtr@ast.cam.ac.uk
> Subject: apache nameserver
>
> Have you heard from this person about a secondary for apache.org?
> If you have difficulty mailing him, try sending the mail via hyperreal.com
>
>  David.
>
> >From hyperreal.com!owner-new-httpd Fri May 12 01:20:04 1995
> >To: new-httpd@hyperreal.com
> >Subject: Re: apache.org
> >Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 19:09:56 -0500
> >From: Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
> >

> >> This isn't meant to sound like a complaint, but could someone (Randy ?)
> >> give us an update on the "apache.org" nameserver problem, 'cos I still
> >> can't use it from here.
> >
> >Cliff has setup nameservice for apache.org at organic.com and I am
> >going to change the registration to make hyperreal.com the primary
> >nameserver for the domain.  Cliff indicates an IP change for the
> >DNS at organic.com so I would like to wait until that is official
> >before filing this change. I need to discuss this with Cliff.
> >
> >Cliff?
> >
> >I still have not heard from our friends in the UK about secondary
> >service over the pond.  I think that would be a nice addition.
> >
> >Been one of those weeks..... This pilsner is helping.... :-)
> >
> >Gulp
> >
> >Bottomline: This should be effective next week and I would expect
> >the problems to disappear.

I did mail back after the last flurry of mail I got saying that I've now got
one of our nameds acting as (unofficial) secondary 'til they want to add in
the NS RR etc.

In case my mail went via a packet hole the info you might want is:

Server:  131.111.16.129		Hostname: lat.damtp.cam.ac.uk

It is sucking the Zone off 204.62.129.130 (taz.hyperreal.com) for the moment,
though the "official" NS records for the Zone are DNS.ZYZZYVA.COM,
DNS.INETNEBR.COM according to the Zone I get back.  I can't see either of
these though...

Let me know if something needs changing.  Others in Europe can do lookups via
131.111.16.129 for the time being...

  -- Jon  (hostmaster@damtp.cam.ac.uk)

Jon Peatfield, Computer Officer, the DAMTP, University of Cambridge
Telephone: +44 1223  3 37852    Mail: J.S.Peatfield@damtp.cam.ac.uk