httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@dsndata.com>
Subject Re: time for 0.6.3
Date Fri, 05 May 1995 14:16:48 GMT

> Firstly, as far as I am concerned, the two DNS servers are in the same
> location; a traceroute to dns.zyzzyva.com shows packets going to
> router.inetnebr.com. (two hops before the destination).

You are correct.  With *no* responses to my suggestion of the
registrtation, I had to rely on my resources.

> The problem is that often I cannot contact either of the DNS servers; they
> do not respond to ping packets. A traceroute shows the packets getting as
> far as sl-stk-5-H1/0-T3.sprintlink.net, and then no further.

The current situation is that SprintLink is refusing to peer with CIX
networks. (here we go again....)  This has really just become an
issue this past week.

I can probably get this pushed through Internic fairly quickly
once we know what the best approach is.