httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@dsndata.com>
Subject Re: votes for 0.6.3
Date Thu, 04 May 1995 15:14:07 GMT

> > >Hmmm... it's a bit late, but I'd like to elevate my reservations about
> > >this to a formal -0.5 --- the virtual host stuff seems to be one of
> > >our big selling points, and I'm not sure it's wise to have it off by
> > >default.  If everyone else votes +1, on the other hand, I can live
> > >with it...
> >
> > In which case, why is it a compile-time option? Why not remove the
> > #if's from the code, or alternatively, #define the constants in httpd.h.
>
> If the #ifdefs get removed, it might be a good idea to clearly mark
> the multi-host code as such, so that when HTTP/1.1 finally arrives,
> it'll be easy to yank the code.
>
> robh

Just a comment...

With the lag in browsers adopting the newer standards, can we really
expect to take advantage of these features before a majority of the
browsers have begun using them?  I still have not found MultiViews
as useful as it could be without the browsers doing the right thing.

Am I missing something?

BTW - I don't disagree with Rob's suggestion to mark this code.