httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@dsndata.com>
Subject Re: votes for 0.6.3
Date Thu, 04 May 1995 14:54:09 GMT

> >   Date: Thu, 4 May 95 12:08 BST
> >   From: drtr@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
> >
> >   O91 (makefile tidy) +1   but could it also remove the warning about Solaris
> >                            please?
> >
> >Hmmm... it's a bit late, but I'd like to elevate my reservations about
> >this to a formal -0.5 --- the virtual host stuff seems to be one of
> >our big selling points, and I'm not sure it's wise to have it off by
> >default.  If everyone else votes +1, on the other hand, I can live
> >with it...

I also would prefer to see VirtualHost _on_ by default.  It seems
to be a fairly inocuous piece of code and would prefer not to
have to have that variable to address when hit with "why doesn't
VirtualHost work?" questions.

I would vote +1 on O91 if we could remove the #ifdef VIRTUALHOST from
the code.

On a related note, when do we plan to wrap this release?  If it
will be a couple of days, I could finalize the other Makefile
approach and wrap these changes.

Comments?