httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (David Robinson)
Subject Re: votes for 0.6.3
Date Thu, 04 May 1995 15:31:00 GMT
>   Date: Thu, 4 May 95 12:08 BST
>   From: (David Robinson)
>   O91 (makefile tidy) +1   but could it also remove the warning about Solaris
>                            please?
>Hmmm... it's a bit late, but I'd like to elevate my reservations about
>this to a formal -0.5 --- the virtual host stuff seems to be one of
>our big selling points, and I'm not sure it's wise to have it off by
>default.  If everyone else votes +1, on the other hand, I can live
>with it...

In which case, why is it a compile-time option? Why not remove the
#if's from the code, or alternatively, #define the constants in httpd.h.

For testing purposes, I can see that a compile-time option is useful.
For code with portability problems, then you have to switch it at compile time.
(e.g. the dbm stuff).

I'm not sure that the multi-home stuff falls into either of these catagories
any more.

View raw message