httpd-dev mailing list archives

From d...@ast.cam.ac.uk (David Robinson)
Subject Re: votes for 0.6.3
Date Thu, 04 May 1995 12:08:00 GMT
O91 (makefile tidy) +1   but could it also remove the warning about Solaris
                         please?
B92 (SYSV)          +1
B94 (multi message) +1
E93 (content-parms)  0

Re E93, which allows spaces in the AddType command.

1. You aren't allowed spaces in the mime.types file; i.e.

text/html; version=2.0  html
doesn't work, whereas
text/html;version=2.0 html
does. I'm not quite sure of the syntax of mime.types, as I couldn't
find any documentation of it anywhere.

2. Parameters on magic types.

httpd doesn't allow parameters on the magic mime types. For example
AddType text/x-server-parsed-html;level=3 .shtml
isn't recognised as a server-parsed included file.

I notice that there is a new magic type of
text/x-server-parsed-html3
but the client still only gets a content-type of text/html when this is used.

 David.