httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Tao <t...@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
Subject Aborting a connection
Date Thu, 01 Jun 1995 03:44:11 GMT
On Tue, 30 May 1995, Rob Hartill wrote:

> Using the new per-request data structure, the file descriptor
> leaks associated with aborted CGI requests didn't stand a chance.
>
> I just pounded a 5 child server with constantly aborted CGI and
> it stayed stable.

    Quick technical question... from a client programming point of
view, how does one "abort a connection"?  Just close the socket on the
client's end and let the server figure it out?  Or is there a "nicer"
way of telling the server to stop sending data?  I'm thinking of
factoring in early termination and client drops into my HTTP benchmark
program, and closing the socket at random times seems to be the
easiest (and only?) way of doing it.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org