httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: mailing list archive
Date Tue, 23 May 1995 06:45:05 GMT
On Mon, 22 May 1995, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> >     Yup, saw her message on the subject.  :(  BTW, I'm archiving this
> > thread and I would like to make it available on my Web site, unedited.
> > Anyone have a problem with this?
> Yep, I do.  This mailing list is still relatively unknown, and I'd
> like to keep it that way.  You can archive it, but don't make it public.
> There is already an archive at
> Hmmmm, it hasn't been updated recently.  :(
> Could someone check the archive software?

It was using hypermail, but hypermail as I've found out simultaneously
with the www-vrml and httpd lists, breaks when it's asked to deal with
more than a couple thousand messages.  I'm still saving the mail of
course in a mailbox file called "archive" in the /httpd directory, and
I'll eventually set up hypermail + the majordomo "" script to
make the hypermail archives get segmented monthly.

View raw message