httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: FYI - Mirroring the Apache distribution at NCSA
Date Fri, 05 May 1995 01:07:28 GMT
On Thu, 4 May 1995, David Robinson wrote:
> So here is a basic outline of a README. This contains all the important
> information, though it might need filling out a bit.
>
>                                  Apache
>                              Version 0.6.2

Er, 3 :)

> What is it?
> -----------
>
> Apache is an HTTP server designed as a plug-in replacement for the NCSA
> server version 1.3 (or 1.4).

Actually it is *not* a plug-in replacement for 1.4 - we don't implement
ReferrerLog or UserAgentLog, our redirected CGI variables start with
REDIRECT instead of ERROR, and we don't (yet) have a no-fork process
model.  Any other differences, guys?

> If fixes numerous bugs in the NCSA server and
> includes many frequently requested new features.

"numerous bugs" -> "performance problems and well-known security problems"

> Documentation
>
> All the documentation is on-line on the WWW, via the URL
> http://www.apache.org/apache/ (or http://www.hyperreal.com/apache/)

I am working on getting another IP number to point to hyperreal for
apache.org purposes to show off the multi-home capabilities.

	Brian