httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Porting Apache to Windows NT
Date Fri, 26 May 1995 13:25:35 GMT
   Date: Thu, 25 May 95 20:28:38 BST
   From: Andrew Wilson <andrew@www.elsevier.co.uk>

   Hi,

	   sacrilege it may be, but I've had a request from someone who'd
   like to take a swipe at porting Apache to windows NT.  Does anyone think
   this is an insanely stupid idea, or are there enough curious souls out there
   who think it'd be kuhl to try making Apache general enough to sit on
   more than one platform?

Hmmm... a glance backward at the "Windows httpd 1.4", which I believe
started out as a port of NCSA httpd to Windows, might be a good thing
to do before starting.

   What sort of information would a guy need, other than the source to be
   able to take something like this on?

Well, the rationale for the design would be nice.... anybody got one? ;-)

rst