httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: E30 update
Date Tue, 23 May 1995 08:07:19 GMT
> On Mon, 22 May 1995, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> Brian's patch seems a bit off in the replacement of newlines with tabs
>> <http://www.apache.org/httpd/patches/for_Apache_0.6.4/
>
> Yes, I did this because I wanted all this information on the same line,
> to make looking things up using grep, etc., easier. I warned that it was
> different, and wanted feedback.  I suppose I should have given it a
> different name than "E30" to make it clear, or at least remembered to say
> that.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear -- the idea of switching to tabs is
fine (and should stay as E30), but the patch uses tabs for one routine
and newlines for the second routine (i.e., the second routine was not
updated).  It should use tabs for both.

On a related note, it may be more appropriate to include #ifdefs
within this patch (or another logfile directive) so that people can
turn it off if they want.

BTW, thanks for taking this up -- I've been too busy lately to do
anything productive. It seems the busier I get, the less I get done. :(

.....Roy