httpd-dev mailing list archives

From efr...@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Elizabeth Frank)
Subject Re: 0.6.4b
Date Mon, 22 May 1995 14:51:55 GMT
On May 22,  7:33am, Rob Hartill wrote:
} Subject: Re: 0.6.4b

 > > > The /httpd/  tree isn't public, or at least it isn't publicised
 > > > as such. I say leave them there until someone tells us to remove them.
 > >
 > > Elizabeth specifically did ask us to remove it.
 > >
 > > 	Brian
 >

 > If so, fair enough, but I thought Beth was asking us to only
 > remove NCSA 1.3/1.4 from public places.
 >
 > We only have a copy of 1.3 off of the public tree. It serves no purpose,
 > so there's no point keeping it, but the earlier Apache code in that dir
 > isn't public knowledge... move it if you have to, but please don't
 > remove it.
 >
 > --
 > Rob Hartill
 > http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/

}-- End of excerpt from Rob Hartill

I requested that any version of the NCSA server prior to 1.4.1 be removed
from public distribution outside the USA and Canada.  I've informed you
that any code built on the previous versions of the NCSA server may be in
violation of US export restrictions and what changes would be neccessary
to legally export it.  I believe that fulfills the NCSA's legal obligations
with respect to the earlier code.  (and the lawyers rejoice :^)

	-Beth Frank
	efrank@ncsa.uiuc.edu