httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Subject Re: Arena workaround compromise?
Date Mon, 08 May 1995 08:35:07 GMT
> I have to ask "does the W3O have Apache"?  Should someone offer
> Apache for a test server?  (subtle hint) It would be hard to write
> standard complient code without a server that behaves as such.  I
> would assume the the W3O is tuned in enough to be aware of these
> things, but who knows...

As these things go, you may consider me to be an unofficial
"representative" of W3O (I'll be an official one for the summer,
starting June 1).  Henrik is aware of the Apache stuff
(I showed it to him last month), but he is probably too busy
right now to look at things carefully.  Most of the W3O team
know about Apache because I mention it (and rst) every time I
talk about content negotiation.  However, since one of W3C's primary
goals is to maintain the CERN code, I doubt that they will be using
Apache as a primary server.  I'll probably install it myself on
their test machines, assuming they ever catch that bloody cracker.

......Roy