httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau)
Subject Re: Documentation of multiple domains on same server
Date Wed, 03 May 1995 17:16:42 GMT
   From: Randy Terbush <randy@hyperreal.com>
   Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 11:10:34 -0700 (PDT)

   Sorry for the lack of docs on this. Coming RSN... :-)

Actually, I've seen the two paragraphs below from Randy often enough
that I've thought of just installing them on hyperreal as placeholders
until the real virtual_host docs are available...

   Firstly, you must configure your server machine to be able to
   accept IP packets for multiple addresses either through the
   'ifconfig alias' flag, or through kernel changes to support
   VIF. There are some pages for SunOS floating around the net
   for VIF support.

   Next, add the following entry to httpd.conf. It should "just work".

   # Virtual Host Config
   <VirtualHost www.foo.com>
   ServerAdmin webmaster@www.foo.com
   DocumentRoot /www/docs/foo.com