httpd-dev mailing list archives

From cli...@organic.com (Cliff Skolnick)
Subject Re: Aborting a connection
Date Wed, 31 May 1995 22:46:36 GMT
On Jun 1,  1:29pm, Brian Tao wrote:
} Subject: Re: Aborting a connection
} On Wed, 31 May 1995, Cliff Skolnick wrote:
} >
} > Well, the prefered way would be to call shutdown() on the socket since
} > you get a little control over what will happen.  Close() will certainly
} > work, but it is not the best.

Actually I'll take that back.  I had too much UNIX on my mind, a simple
close() is the simplest and most portable.  Strike my comment about
shutdown() :(  Use close()

}
}     But from the server's point of view, whether I just close() the
} connection or use shutdown(socket,2) makes no difference?

There is no difference on systems than I have used, but who knows about
NT.  As I said above, close() is prefered, sorry about the confusion.
I will now remove my foot from my mouth.

Cliff