httpd-dev mailing list archives

From cli...@organic.com (Cliff Skolnick)
Subject Re: Aborting a connection
Date Wed, 31 May 1995 22:05:59 GMT
On Jun 1, 11:44am, Brian Tao wrote:
}
}     Quick technical question... from a client programming point of
} view, how does one "abort a connection"?  Just close the socket on the
} client's end and let the server figure it out?  Or is there a "nicer"
} way of telling the server to stop sending data?  I'm thinking of
} factoring in early termination and client drops into my HTTP benchmark
} program, and closing the socket at random times seems to be the
} easiest (and only?) way of doing it.

Well, the prefered way would be to call shutdown() on the socket since
you get a little control over what will happen.  Close() will certainly
work, but it is not the best.

Cliff