httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject fd leaks plugged
Date Tue, 30 May 1995 22:44:33 GMT

Using the new per-request data structure, the file descriptor
leaks associated with aborted CGI requests didn't stand a chance.

I just pounded a 5 child server with constantly aborted CGI and
it stayed stable.

I plan to move a lot more globals into the data structure soon.

Is anyone working on patches for 0.7.1 ?
If not, I can power ahead without writing patch files and just
upload versions which get closer and closer to being completely
reentrant.
If you think this is getting undemocratic, say something before
I go to far.

One thing I need, which I haven't investigated so far, is a way
to pass the data structure pointer to a signal handler. easy ?

If I don't hit any problems, I might try to get this installed at
Cardiff by the end of the week.

--
Rob Hartill
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/