httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Long <bl...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: fd leaks
Date Mon, 29 May 1995 19:35:32 GMT
Last time, Rob Hartill uttered the following other thing:

> Under 0.7, if I hit Netscape's stop button while a script is still
> running, it leaks the file descriptors passed to it.

Hm.  I bet 1.4 does this too.  This was the final memory leak, as well
(The environment variable array wouldn't be free'd either.)  2 options:
Keep track globally (ugh) of the file descriptors, or close them all
(ala sendmail) on sigpipe (double ugh).

Real Garbage collection would be so nice.

Brandon

--
 Brandon Long   (N9WUC)     "I think, therefore, I am confused." -- RAW
 Computer Engineering   	Run Linux '95.	It's that Easy.