httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: Logging again
Date Sat, 27 May 1995 18:54:49 GMT

> > That brings me to what I think is probably a better solution...
> > A socketpair.
>
> All the children can write to the same socket to communicate with
> the logging process, and the sockets software will queue
> the writes (which will be non-blocking).
>
> I had a similar system running under perl when I first played with
> the non-forking idea... I had the parent communicating with the
> children via one socket.. it works just fine.

Rob, can you steer me toward getting the same setup running here?
The mechanics of this are beyond me.  Configuring the logging format
is more my speed.

Regarding your format proposal:

I see no problem with this but don't entirely understand how this
would be less overhead if a logging process needs to continually
be checking for the LOGIT command for possibly several different
layouts.

I would love to get this working this weekend.