httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: logging
Date Fri, 26 May 1995 12:25:40 GMT

>     If some browser did begin sending new information, it wouldn't be
> recognized by other servers anyway.  To accommodate this, the server
> could have a customizable log format line.  A line in the httpd.conf
> might go like:
>
> LogFormat "%M %n %N [%D/%w/%Y:%P %z] \"%! %/ %v\" %? %s"
>
>     Does any of that make sense?

This has come up in the past, and I see no problem with it.  I suppose
that you could even do:

LogFormat "Host: %h\nRFC: %r\nDate: %D\n"  etc....

to accomplish what RobH would like to see.  Works for me.

The seperate "log hub" process really becomes a separate issue from
Apache.  I guess that getting these format changes implemented is
the first step.  This will take me a bit longer than some others
on the list.  Please let me know if you are tearing into this.
Otherwise, I will.