httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: phase II
Date Thu, 25 May 1995 12:37:25 GMT

> 3) How does this look:
>
> IP RFC931 REMOTE_USER TIME METHOD URI PROTOCOL BYTESTRANSFERRED STATUSRESPONSE SESSIONID
REALOBJECT SERVERNAME REFERRER USERAGENT

> where SESSIONID won't be around until 1.1 at least, REALOBJECT is the
> canonical object retreived (if it exists - i.e., a get for "mother" returned
> "mother.gif"), SERVERNAME is the virtualhost accessed.  Anything else we
> should be logging?
>
> 	Brian

This looks good.  I cannot think of anything else at this time.
I may try to implement this change in the server over lunch if
no one else beats me to it.

One musing...  I assume that one use of the sessionid might be
to retreive the state of a previous visit?  We would then probably
be querying 2 databases. One to get the remote_user and sessionid,
and another perhaps for the previous state?