httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Re: Woe is me
Date Wed, 24 May 1995 16:10:16 GMT
> The mail dam just broke here.  I just now received this and have made
> the change.  It should now be visible to the rest of the world.

not from here yet.

> -Randy
> Good to be back.  Did I miss anything besides the PGEM debate?

We all went to Hawaii for two weeks, didn't you get the invite ?

Is anyone working on new toys for Apache ?.
I kinda got bogged down with other things (trying to produce
hyperlinked postscript out of 29,000 technical TeX/LaTeX papers - now
with a >90% success rate)
Is there anything that needs doing right now ?

Anyone interested in the CGI hack where all scripts are given the
fd of the socket to the client, and the script chooses to use it ?
I don't want to waste time on it's a bad idea or useless.

Also, any thoughts on my XBITHACK replacement ?...  missing .html
files will cause a check for .shtml, which turns on SSI parsing.

0.7 on my machine still seems stable, and doesn't appear to leak
too badly (children grow by ~150k, but stay there).

Has anyone tried it on an active site ?

Looks like Brian forgot to increment the version number in httpd.h
going from 0.6.4b to 0.6.5

>From the bug list...

   Problem: with the default config of httpd.conf, the group is set
to '#-1'.  I get the following when trying to run apache with group
set as such:

ballistix [/export/www/httpd] 18 # /export/www/httpd/httpd -d
HTTP/1.0 500 Server Error