httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Richards <p...@isl.cf.ac.uk>
Subject Re: export restrictions & mirroring Apache at NCSA
Date Sat, 20 May 1995 15:34:11 GMT

> On Thu, 18 May 1995, Elizabeth Frank wrote:
> > PS. Please note that the above is not an endorsement of US export laws.
> > It is a statement of our official policy.  The NCSA does not endorse breaking
> > any US laws.
>
> Understood - in that context, thank you for the message, and I hope you
> don't see our contempt as a "shoot the messenger" action.  It's clear that
> NCSA is not responsible if we decide to continue distributing the hooks,
> but that we do open ourselves up for serious trouble for active
> disobediance.
>
> Shall we take a vote?  Submit a patch?  :)

You unfortunately rule yourself out of going on the FreeBSD CROM again
if you have a non-exportable version. We've been through all this before
with FreeBSD too and WC won't open themselves up to legal problems.

--
  Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems. FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.isl.cf.ac.uk/