httpd-dev mailing list archives

From cli...@organic.com (Cliff Skolnick)
Subject Re: export restrictions & mirroring Apache at NCSA
Date Thu, 18 May 1995 19:53:28 GMT
Actaully renameing hooks is ok.  I just talked with a bunch of people, one
of which is being chase by the govornment for publishing PGP.  The
suggestion was to call it a compression hook, which then could be
granted a waiver.  This would not be quick, but would work.  On the
other hand some think that ITAR does not cover items in the public
domain, but that has never been tested in court just yet.

Cliff