httpd-dev mailing list archives

From cli...@organic.com (Cliff Skolnick)
Subject Re: export restrictions & mirroring Apache at NCSA
Date Thu, 18 May 1995 15:31:46 GMT
I say we re-name the hooks to be "translation adjuct" hook, say they
are for message translation programs to be hooked in.  Remove all
references to any type of encryption.

BTW we will also need to do something with authentication encryption
in the future.  Right now there is no encyption of passwords so it is
not an issue.  It will be though.

Cliff

PS There are already people making a stand against the govornment for
this.  Basically the govornment does not want them to go to trial,
instead it just resorts to intimidation.  If we don't do something I
would not be surprised if we all get audited, notice strange things,
get our mail checked (and delayed as a result).

If you want I can get some first hand testimony from the publisher of
PGP (Kelly Goen).  Funny is that they have to get the publisher *before*
they get the author (Phil Zimmerman).