httpd-dev mailing list archives

From cli...@organic.com (Cliff Skolnick)
Subject Re: Apache 0.6.4: BindAddress changed?
Date Wed, 17 May 1995 14:43:06 GMT
I will look into this this evening and figure out what broke.

Cliff

On May 17,  2:40pm, Rob Hartill wrote:
} Subject: Re: Apache 0.6.4: BindAddress changed?
} c.i.www.servers.unix
}
} Paul Hansen <phansen@together.net> wrote:
}
} >It appears that having multiple BindAddress-type servers is not possible
} >under Apache v0.6.4. Is only "VirtualHost" now supported?
} >
} >A setup that worked yesterday with 0.6.2 (two separate servers using the
} >BindAddress directive) doesn't work after upgrading to 0.6.4. The first
} >server binds to all interfaces no matter what BindAddress specifies.  I
} >can get VirtualHost working just fine, but I would like the extra
} >flexibility that having completely separate servers provides.
} >
} >Could someone working on Apache please briefly describe the current
} >function of this feature (the documentation at
} >http://www.apache.org/apache/ hasn't been updated yet) and the future
} >direction of this feature? I'd love to implement it but I can't if it
} >changes this radically again in the future.
} >
} >Thanks!
} >
} >Paul
} >
} >---
} >Paul Hansen                        T G F  T e c h n o l o g i e s
} >webmaster@together.net            130 S. Willard St./802.862.2030
} >http://together.net/~phansen/            Burlington, VT 05401 USA
} >
} >