httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <hart...@ooo.lanl.gov>
Subject Re: The HTTP_TIME_FORMAT is not correct
Date Tue, 16 May 1995 21:23:04 GMT

> > correct... Roy gave us the format string.

> Hah! Proof by reference to me -- I like it.  ;-)

... you're also the fall guy if anything goes wrong      >:-)

> Actually, it is okay by me if Apache switches back to the old default

We had the option for a while, before Netscape 1.1 was repaired. Now
that it is fixed, the option has been removed... it might encourage
users of <1.1 upgrade.

> for the next three months or so (until older Netscapes are mostly updated),
> provided that the new format is visible in a comment (as the old one
> is now in httpd.h).

Errr, I think the old format has left us for the bit bucket in
the sky...

from httpd.h (0.6.4)....

/* RFC 1123 format for date - this is what HTTP/1.0 wants */
#define HTTP_TIME_FORMAT "%a, %d %b %Y %T GMT"

--
Rob Hartill
http://nqcd.lanl.gov/~hartill/